October 17th, 2019
Hello Parents and Guardians –
This Sunday, October 20, at 10:45 a.m. is a Family Mass. Remember that the kids will sing at this Mass – please come join them for the whole Mass. Kids can sit with their families. They will practice for this mass at the end of class, so join them in the church at 10:30 a.m. (instead of picking them up in the Formation Center). In addition, we will be kicking off our “children’s collection” at collection time. Fr. John will call the kids up to bring their offering to a basket in the front of the altar. Kids can put in the blue children’s envelope or loose cash/change. We are planning on continuing this practice from here on out. It is a great way to introduce kids to giving back some of the blessings God has shared with us.
Note that last week’s bulletin said that this Sunday (October 20) is a Catholic Connection Sunday. It is not – it is just regular Religious Formation. Sorry about that!
Elementary school students will start a Unit called “Jesus our Lord and Savior”.
Middle School students topic is: Fire Fall: A session on Confirmation in Scripture.
Middle School Youth Group: We will have our first gathering of the middle school youth group next Wednesday Oct 23rd, 2019 from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Parents and students are invited to attend so we can get your ideas on what you would like to do this year. Food will be provided, so please RSVP to Sarah (firstname.lastname@example.org) by this Sunday, Oct 20th so we know how much to prepare!
High School Discipleship: Note that the time has changed to 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Parents, please sign up to help feed the teens at one of these sessions if you can. Sign-up sheet is outside the Discipleship classroom. We are putting together Here is a quick introduction to the Lifeteen program that we are using with the high school students: https://lifeteen.com/about/
- Catholic Connections next Sunday October 27th – High School Youth who are NOT in Confirmation Formation (see note below) are encouraged to volunteer from 9:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. with the Children’s Catholic Kids Camp OR attend the Adult Formation “Who is God and Why Does He Matter?” from 9:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m.
- Confirmation Class on October 27th – We are so sorry for the multiple date/time changes – Due to the cancelation of the Tailgate Party Confirmation Formation will be held at its normally scheduled time from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. as normally scheduled on October 27th.
Flocknote: Christ the King will be using a program called “Flocknote” to communicate with parents and teens this year. Flocknote will send messages directly to your cell phone or email. We will have several groups you can join. Parents of kids in Religious Formation should join “Religious Education Adults.” We will send the “Understanding God” mini-course video’s directly to your phone through this group. We also have a group for “First Communion/Reconciliation,” “Confirmation,” and “High School Discipleship.” To text to join any of these groups, simply text “CTKPueblo to “ 84576 “ or connect online at CTKPueblo.flocknote.com.
Here is a great article highlighting some of the advantage of a religious upbringing on the well-being of a child. Being a member of a religious community not only brings you closer to Jesus (the ultimate reward all on its own!) but can help your child be happy and well-adjusted. Not surprising, really: https://stream.org/new-study-reveals-religious-upbringing-better-kids-health-well/
The following Sunday, October 27 is a Catholic Connections Sunday! Here is what to expect:
- Adult Formation – “Understanding God”– in Sister Joan’s Room (for all adults, especially Sacrament Formation parents/guardians). The topic is Who is God and Why Does He Matter?
- Catholic Kids Camp – in 6th grade room ( for children pre-k to 5th grade)
- Middle School Topics Session—in the 7th & 8th Grade room (for all middle school students)
- First Reconciliation Class: in the 1st& 2nd Grade Room (for those already signed up)
- RCIC – in the Discipleship Room (for those already signed up)
- High School Youth — who are not in Confirmation formation, are invited to volunteer with Catholic Kids Camp -OR- attend Adult Formation session
Tailgate Party on Sunday, October 27th from Noon to 2 p.m. has been CANCELED. Due to a change in scheduling from the NFL, the timing no longer works to host the tailgate party.
For more information, check out our website at www.ctkpueblo.org
Laura Fisher Escalera
Pastoral Associate for Religious Formation
Christ the King Parish
(719) 542 -9248 ext. 113
Registration forms are bellow (kindly complete both forms), or you may register at the Weekend Parish Office, or forms are available for you in the Narthex.
Please complete both sides of the Registration Form so that we can update our records. Return it by September 17th so class lists can be made. (Place in the box at the Weekend Office, or drop off, or mail it, to the Parish Office, 1708 Horseshoe Drive.)
You may also scan your forms and send them to email@example.com.
For the 2019-2020 RE Schedule click here. (Copies are also available in the Narthex and at the Weekend Office.)