The Christian faith is, above all, conversion to Jesus Christ. All adults are called to on-going formation that “fosters in the heart of every believer an experience of personal conversion to Jesus Christ that leads to a personal renewal and greater participation in the Christian life in the Church.” –National Directory of Catechesis (no.17)
Current Adult Faith Formation Opportunities at Christ the King:
There are several facilitator led Adult Formation options available:
- Healing Hearts -A place to gather with others to find hope and healing for your soul through a Catholic lens. If you have experienced any type of loss-Death of a spouse, parent, child, sibling, friend, loved one, pet, or grief of any type — divorce, empty nest, emotional distress and pain—YOU are invited to join our group. The group will meet on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Sr. Joan’s Room in the Little Flower Formation Building.
Group facilitated by dedicated parishioner Christi Kurtz. Questions? Contact Christi at 719-369-7464.
- Scripture Study – Periodic Bible study groups are offered. Please watch the bulletin or contact the Faith Formation Department for details of any upcoming studies.
- Adult Sacramental Preparation – If you are an adult who has been baptized and has never received Eucharist or Confirmation, or who just needs the Sacrament of Confirmation we will be happy to help you prepare for these Sacraments. Please be sure to look for further detailed information under our “Becoming Catholic” tab.
- Parent/Guardian Sessions for Sacramental Formation – It is a time of great joy when a child or teen is Baptized, forgiven in Confession, nourished in Holy Communion or strengthen through the Gifts of the Holy Spirit in Confirmation. Parents/Guardians of children or teen’s who are to receive any of these Sacraments are to attend the Parent/Guardian Formation sessions scheduled yearly for that specific Sacrament. Look under the “Sacraments” tab to learn more.
- Catholic Connection Small Groups 2018-2019